Life in Groningen

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

heavy weight

Ah, the time has come. Last weekend I was inaugurated as chairman of the board of my studysociety. As it stands we are growing as I write. There is a good change we are going to be quite the heavy weight within the faculty. The previous board (now the second senate) has done good work on faculty-student realtions and communication. Our job, among others, is to enhance this. As we aproach our first birthday and as I dive even deeper into the workings of our faculty it becomes quite clear to me that this will be a political game of grand design. It will take some hard work to realise most of our plans. But in the end I know that it will be worth it.

But, of course, we're also here to make sure that all the natural sciences (phys, chem, math, astr) students have a fucking A time during their stay at our university.

Anyway it is safe to say that I will have even less time to update than I already have at this moment.

But not to worry. May daily life is getting so awesomely idiotic nowadays that I feel more compelled to write about it than ever. So however much the quantity might diminish slightly, the quallity is most likely to grow.

untill next time
-E

_________________________________________________________

16 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

an early congrats boy.
I expect to be invited of course.
*sends contactlist*

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

...indeed

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Arjan said...

ze spammers have gone into hiding?

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Maarten said...

*screams for ze hidink*: yup!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Erwin said...

..... --'

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLOGIMPROVEMENT!!!: I can't see your face ^^ *broken link?*

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Erwin said...

nope link is fine

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm dunno what the problem was then..

You should upload a real 'bleurgh' pic ;)

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Hey I am doing a caption contest, please feel free to join!

R2K

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re-reading your story..it sounds a bit over the top haha.

big baller shot caller and all pfft and not even money to give a few free drinks & cause there are too much whiners. Maybe you should let those people trip somewhere near a high staircase?

*just kiddin'*

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Arjan said...

no post at all is bad quality!!
Go blog..you will have time enough!!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Erwin said...

thump.... thump....
I'm callin' it. He's dead.

I'm taking my leave (well for now anyhoo). I just can't get myself to blog and after the summer I'll be letting loose teh awesomeness of my writing at our study magazine.

so, for now, so long.
It was fun. And I'll try to check up on you d00ds now and again.

yours faithfully,
E

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

as for writing for the mag...aren't you obliged to write a 'bestuurlijk' part? And now you are even trying to find time to do more :P

Well than..go spam our blogs at least!!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Maarten said...

That sucks! Start blogging again or I'll put a 'zoute haring' under your pillow or something (maybe something worse).

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the head of a horse..that should be a clear message!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Arjan said...

hmm Maarten should use the salt haring thingie.

If you don't blog, at least poke others in the blogosphere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home