Life in Groningen

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Okok, forget the restyle...

...I've got enough to do as is apparently >.<

I'm really making progress on my painting this week (not surprising since I'm painting like 8 hours a day now).
I expect to have pics up of the finished sniper scouts early next week (monday or so).
I'll also be posting pics of the army I'll be taking to the Medusa weekend. I've got lots of work before that (hmmm less than one and a half week, this will be a tight one). As I plan to redo most of the army, especially my old metal scouts who need some serious tinkering to look the same standard as mista Markos :/

But if all goes well I'll have them done in time. In the meantime you can see if there aren't too many flaws in my list:

1000 pts “Storm Angels” Space Marines
HQ
2nd Company Captain Chorus - 156
Captain
Twin Lightning Claws
Jump pack
Iron halo
Terminator Honours
Frag grenades
Melta bombs

TROOPS
Tactical Squad Markos - 194
8 marines
1 plasma gun
Veteran Sargeant
-powerfist
-plasma pistol
Infiltrate

Tactical Squad Johnson - 184
8 marines
1 plasma gun
Veteran Sargeant
-powerfist
Infiltrate

Scout Squad Julius - 132
8 scouts
Veteran Sergeant
-powerfist

Scout Squad Koren - 108
6 scouts
5 Sniper rifles
1 Heavy Bolter

FAST ATTACK
Assault Squad Demmin - 160
5 marines
Veteran Sergeant
-power weapon
Melta bombs
Furious Assault

Emperors Arrow - 65
1 Landspeeder
Multi Melta

TOTAL - 999

I ended my search for a feasable list with the thought that I didn't need lascannons and rocketlaunchers for two reasons: I have melta bombs and powerfists everywhere and I won't be facing more than two or three tanks per army, and if there are three tanks they'll be low armor (max 12 or so).

As you can see I have 4(!) infiltrators, jump packers (incl Cpt. Chorus) and a speeder. The latter will make mince meat out of any armor that refuses to acknowledge it as a serious threat and the formar will rip across anything that isn't tyranids (I won't be facing Arjan and I hope I don't run into Pieter).

cya folks, it's back to painting for me!
-E

PS: Monkey Island rocks!

_________________________________________________________

11 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT looks like a very good list.
Some nice ap2 and good tank killing capability. The scouts are very versitile (sp) and gosh..if I know anyone who doesn't hate snipers.

Good list boyo. I think some people will seriously shit their panties.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

I think it's safe to say that I'm not a big fan of vehicles unless we're playing 1500+ (or it's K pts city's O death when a venerable dread is paramount)

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. vehicles are quite vulnerable.

I just saw a battlerep of nids against Tau..1000pts. The Tau fucker brought 1 devilfish and 2 of those railgun/other thing bastards.
I'd might scare mah pants for those. The rest of the Tau got slaughtered..but the tanks wiped everything the nids had left.

Note: the nids didn't have much tank killing power. one BL with 5 stealers as retinue and I think 6 other stealers.
It was quite a sad list, but that's just me.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

heh, death to da nids, but tw hammerheads in 1000 pts? wtf!

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly...it looked like Cheese da la cheese.
The rest of the army wasn't all that.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

short update..it looks like the BL can be salvaged by just following the rest of the 'eavy metal steps.

It's looking quite nice..maybe not as good as I hoped it would..but I might..MIGHT just be satisfied with it.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

i really have to start lookin into this hobby you guys have.

any tips on where to start ?

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/getting%2Dstarted/

That should give a reasonable insight in the game & hobby.
But don't say we didn't warn ya ;)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

seriously arjan, watch it with the links.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/
warhammer40000/

I think that will do, screw the getting started part, that's for 14 year olds who like "bling" (did I say that out loud?...oi CRAP! I think I hear the inquisition knocking on my door! *runs*)

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch it boyo..or the Urban Language '5-0' will come-a knockin'

Thought about the other link..but that gives only a small background blabla. And then leaves you in the dark with things like Medusa etc...oh and a clicky to the link I gave ;)

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Sti subaru wallpaper Download louder ringer for ppc phone Swlearning managerial accounting Appliance spiffs beautiful nude pregnant Hair removal brulee Oral surgery denver colorado Mercedes headlight replacement Custom perfume bottle manufacturers Pda emulators Black hair loss treatment woman vereinsbank buspar Basketball coats 5c22sun life assurance company5c22

 

Post a Comment

<< Home