Life in Groningen

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Almost holidays

Damn I had one of them "almost holidays" again. FRIKKIN' good weather, 'nough beer, but too much to do. I still need to contact a couple of guys about a farmfull of animals including a monkey, I think. We had to do some work on the front "yard" (if that's what you call that 6-by-4 piece of flower bed), still working on my Dutch finals preperations, had to buy some pressies for my English teach cause he's quitting the job end this year and we're his last "mentor"class, and there was still loads to do for LSD (the day not the drug, Chris!).

But all in all I had quite the nice holiday, sadly no time to go to the beach or people to share that awesome quality time with seen they were all away.

WARNING PEEPS THAT DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT 40K SKIP THE NEXT PART! But on the other hand that gave me plenty of time to do some assembly and painting. I've nearly finished the assembly of the third sniper scout and I've got me a fourth sniperrifle done, just need to figure out what sexy pose I'm gonna give the wielder. I also finished my first commission (pics will follow as soon as my dad jacks the cam from school tomorrow). It's a Death Gaurd champion complete with smelly, pussy, extra openings in his armor, a power fist, bolt pistol, demonic mutation, sculpted mark of nurgle and some extra exhausts on his backpack which are supposed to WYSIWYG for that gasious thing Nurgle guys can pick.
Besides that I've been scavenging parts for a techmarine with full servo harnass. I already have one servo arm (from an old techy backpack) and the flamer and twinlinked plasma pistol were found in the "firearms" department in my bitzbox. Some old hubcaps from my bikes and some othe pooha will do the trick, now all I need is a thin sheet of plasticard and something to construct the other three robo arms on the back pack with....

That and I got to play two games of 40k yesterday. One Recon versus TauTim. Good game very exciting, lots of casualties including both commanders (haven't played a game yet where he doesn't die). It ended in a draw where he had his stealth suits in my deployment zone and I had one of my Tac squads in his. Good game!

Second was a K-points fourway with my Storm Angels facing of against Nids(Arjan), Imperial Gaurd(Gerard) and Death Gaurd(Rolf). 'T was a massacre! Sadly my Dread, Tac squad and techy saw the end of the tunnel early on (turn 3 or so). But on the other hand they did take quite some shit with them. My landspeeders did there share of pumpin' too. But my assault squad and commander rocked the house by killing almost the entire IG contingent by themselves. They were responsible for a demolisher, chimeira, Kasrkin squad, heavy weapons squad and three squads of gaurdsmen. Woots! Damn shame my commander wanted to do the heroic thing and assaulted an entrenched squad of DG and lost his last wound to a rusty knife :'(

All in all it was a good game. Only thing left standing at my end were three assault marines. Arjan had his Flyrant and Gerard had his HQ command. But the pantsy coward Rolf nearly had his entire contingent alive at the end of the game, but he didn't kill that much.
Good times were had by all.
MY list (before Chris starts bugging me about it :P)
HQ: master with Jumppack, IronHalo, Twin LC's, Termie honors.
ELITES: Dread with Heavy flamer AND Techmarine with boltpistol.
TROOPS: Tac squad, 8 guys, plasma cannon and gun, veteran with power fist and plasma pistol. AND Scout squad, 8 guys, veteran with powerfist.
FAST ATTACK: Assault squad, 8 guys, veteran with power weapon, furious assault. AND two loose landspeeders.
HEAVY SUPPORT: N/A
I know mentally unstable me for not giving my master frag grenades....
That's it.
THUS FAR THE 40K CRAP

You can read on now ^^'.
As for next week, still need to do some preps for the big ol' stunt on thursday AND I needs me a place to crash from wednesdaynight till fridaymorning (that's two nights).
I bought me a suit for the gala, though, so that's done, got me a new pair of swimming shorts, GIMME THAT WATER! And I'm in money probs again (stuff is expensive!) But not to worry my classmates now owe me €1,20 each so that'll be cleared up soon enough.

In other news I have reason to believe that Renee (yes that cute lil girly) now has a relationship with my good friend Michiel. Note her name says "Ik hou van jou"
(I love u in dutch, chris) and his name says ""ik ook van jou" (luv ya too in dutch), besides I saw it coming miles away.
At first I felt a bit.... betrayed, but then again that would be totally ungrounded and It'd be a bad thing for me too loose two good friends just cause I'm an idiot. So I wish them a happy time together. So on with it then, I need to start fishing in that big ol' sea again :P!!

-E

_________________________________________________________

21 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

godDAYUM that's a long post.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Holy shit dude.. when you said you rant... DAMN DO YOU RANT!!

However, first and foremost, i shall take a quote of something you typed cos yeah.. it sounds PRETTY BAD..

"It's a Death Gaurd champion complete with smelly, pussy, extra openings in his armor, a power fist, bolt pistol, demonic mutation, sculpted mark of nurgle and some extra exhausts on his backpack which are supposed to WYSIWYG for that gasious thing Nurgle guys can pick."


Now, in that lengthy sentence, do you want to pick out the ONE word that sounds REALLY BAD in there and what would have been the MORE correct way to type the word. So yeah... And yes i am sick minded.. this is why I play the EC :D


The list looks good (heh, i wasnt gonna ask for a list, but thanks anyway :P). I was going to say I was surprised the Assault squad did so well, until you said guard, in which case, it was pretty self explanetory.

As for the love lawn, ehh these things happen, guess you just move on and find the next hot chicky babe to make yours etc etc...

And ty for clarifying LSD, cos yeah, that was semi freaky too....


-TAS

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

oops... well I ment puss....-y.
And I forgot to put melta bombs in that list. They had melta bombs ^^'

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention your dread had an assault cannon.

Nice game. Yes.
I'll make a post about my 3!! games yesterday.
Not too long..cuz well pfft can't find a good reason.

Guard...not gaurd. And Chris already made the smelly pussy remark ^^ It would be more a EC thing.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yeah.. get it right.. Pus for Nurgle, Pussy for Slaanesh!!!





-TAS

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

yeah yeah yeah... whatever. I didn't mention the assault cannon cause that's standard gear.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

By the way, I forgot to mention that my commander with one wound left managed to survive the fire barage of three full squads of IG... damn flashlights!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Ahh, so that explains your lil UM pic and the whole lasgun fire concept. Well its good to see that even 3 full squads of IG flashlights arent always as effective as most folk think they are. So yeah, HA to the concept of mass concentrated firepower. Im surprised he just didnt use some of his Heavy Weapon squads to deal with the Captain, as im sure the lasfire would have been more useful elsewhere *shrugs*.


And I just realised, Im not surprised alot of the Guard were alive at the end, after all, its not like they intend to move or anything.....


-TAS

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Maarten said...

Dude, you broke up with her >_>

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsss...assaultcannon is not standard gear.

what happened to the twin lass ^^

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's about the awesome world of warhammer 40K.

build it -paint it - fight with it.

Better than chess or checkers.

WHO THE FUCK is Samus Aran....
1.30 am...ugh

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Samus?!!? Good lord, that reminds me of part of the HH book im reading atm. I wont go into details as i dont want to spoil it, but yeah.. thats what popped up in my head.



-TAS

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger E-bean said...

40k. = risk with home made stuff.. ^^

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Maarten said...

Samus Aran is the hottest bountyhunter in the galaxy ^_^

And somewhat the very first female maincharacter of a videogame (Metroid on the NES). It was something completely new in those days. Without Samus no Lara Croft and all those other videogamegirls boyo :)

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess I missed 'a pair'

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I missed so much! damn you guys post like hell!

and Ernst you may have failed yr German but never EVER compare warhammer to a lowlevel game like risk... grrrr.

I now have a damn pain in the neck and a very well written booklet for lsd...
thanks to Joren me and me... and some other people. STFU! im sleepin now!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

and.. omfg arjan shame on you for not knowing about samus!

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah yeah..the shame.




CHATLOG!!!!!

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VM SPAM!!!!!!!!

22
TE ERGE EPISODE

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Damn, this post hit chat status already, damn!!

Guess its time to update again Erwin :P


-TAS

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

you mean that piece by Kingma or one of the pieces written bij the lsd team?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home