Life in Groningen

Friday, August 04, 2006

well pics are up...

...sooner then I'd expected:
I'm done with the first scout, it's the heavy bolter dude.
The full pic is a bit weird because I had to remaster it (pics were made during sunset)
So here we go:

That's the Heavy bolter scout fropm squad Koren. (see list below)

But that's not really why I wanted to post pics, I could've waited untill the rest was done.
The real reason is that I did my first (freehand) chapter badge and squad marking, yay!

Ah yes, my beautifully freehanded chapter badge, I tried painting some wings (mainly something that looked like the dark angel ones) but it's farking hard! So I simplified them a bit, but it still takes me longer to paint this little piece than it takes me to paint a helmet half blue. You see the winged lightning bolt that is the result. I'm very pleased with it nonetheless. Also you can see the company marking in the bottom left, said company being the tenth "scout" company.

The arrow suggesting Troops (though with scouts that is quite obvious, besides it's actually the "tactical" marking and the III suggests squad three of the company.

I know the lines look a bit sloppy,
but keep in mind that in real life that little masterpiece is
yay

big.
Well actually a little bit smaller even, but I don't wanna be responsible for any eye damage received while forcing your face within dangerous proximities of your screen.

I'll be seeing ya and you'll be seeing more spiffyness soon, same web same site (cheesy),
-E

_________________________________________________________

11 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Maarten said...

Looks like a real Beens :P A jorb well done (Homestar Runner)!

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!
Like the cable to the Hbolter.

But what's on the base? Can't make it out.

I guess I'm kinda happy that Nids don't need Chapter markings ;)
Although their teeth are kinda Adamantium-like :D

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Erwin said...

lol, the base features some plasticard tiles (though I like the GS tiles I did better) and a powerarmor forearm.
And some gravel.
Btw, you know that problem we have with gravel falling off and everything?
The solution is wash the stuff afterwards with thinned down (ie: ink like) pva. That way it's kinda sealed and the gravel will stay on the base in stead of littering the cabinet.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Very nice work on the Scout, lookin very snazzy!



-TAS

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Very nice, that gun reminds me of the BFG10K

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Erwin said...

YAY! I finished Monkey Island 4!!!

Now I gotta get hold of 1, 2 and 3 AND Grim Fandango. Bring on the funny!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Maarten said...

Bitch, why didn't you say so? Im currently playing 3 and I've got 1 & 2 on my (brandnew) laptop too :D

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

oh so thats what its all about. thats really neat !

nice job painting ;)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

Thanks LLIMU :P

Too late Maarten I ferried 1,2 and 3 around last night with the mobile harddisk.
But I just started Grim fandango, after that I'll start MI1

now that sad news: I'm fucking sleepy, which will result in a delay in pics. So the scout pics will be up tomorrow porbably. When I'm doen with them I'll start serious work on the old scouts (crappy crappy crappy).

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaaw sleepy..how come? Started on Grim Fandango in the middle of the freakin night ey :P

Yes you did ^^

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

well... *looks down, starts turning his foot*... yeah kinda...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home