Life in Groningen

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Here it is kids

that long awaited post.
Anyway I'm going into details on the weekend, cause I forgot to bring back the camera and so there are no pics to explain shit.

Other than that, the tourney was fun as hell, lost one game, drew two and won two, though the two wins didn't count towards the tourney :'(
And as always there were humoungesly cheesy lists, that actually sucked more than the balanced lists. I feel pain, since if I had played against the top players i might have had a better chance of winning some damn games.... why? Cause their lists is exactly what my list is built for. Not that my list is targetting just one type or that those lists are bad or unbalanced (ou contraire!). It's just that they have very obvious tactics and that my army had just those key units that can easily take care of certain units..... wait are those speed freaks? Meet lascannon! Eh? landradier with chosen? Meet lascannon! Wtf? Basilisk? Leman russ? Demolisher? Meet lascannon and landspeeder with multimelta! That and i got them infiltratin' fawkers that take out them tings! While the lists that I was playing against were like... irattic? To say the least? Weird ass lists with like two vindicators, a dread and just heavy weapon tactical squads etc. What is up with that? And his tactic seemed to consist of mindless shooting at what's close...... No fun in that.

Anyway I heard there was another tournament in january, so that'll be fun. in the mean time i'll be finishing my techmarine, some more assault marines, my chaplain and a spiffy VERY late B-day gift for Tau Tim.
I'll also try to get some more pics on the blog (be they 40k related or not). And I think our house is gonna host another Battle for grunn series of games during the Xmas holidays.

cya when i get the pics! FOR THE EMPEROR!
-E
PS: I'll post my list tomorrow (the one I used this weekend), I wish they had given away points for armylist presentation when they were grading for best army (40k/fantasy/warmachine) I'd gotten 2 extra points for that! Now I just lost! gah dammit!

_________________________________________________________

7 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pics are coming...
I'll bring the cam.

And I'll also update :D

The speedfreaks didn't win a prize though (except painting but that was a close one).

I'll update about peppernuts and 40k :) and on the soundtracks blog about Guerrin.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Whaa. you used a cheesy list?!?!?!!?!?

FO SHAME!


-eTAS

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no he didn't. Not bringing lass cannons in a marine army would be strange..and maybe even dumb ;)

IIRC: a pred annihilator. And 1 or two other lass cannons.
aw hell check the list later on ;)
I brought the pics, just got to resize..

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

actually just the pred had lascannons, but for some reason people had a fethin' hard time taking it down.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger The Angelus Sanctus said...

Well im glad ye didnt use a cheesy list as that would be a BAD thing!

First time ive heard of a tank being hard to take down.


-eTAS

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u got pics now..so post em!!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

meh, I'm havign trouble finding inspiration fo a good tale of war right now, maybe later this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home