Life in Groningen

Monday, July 11, 2005

Guess who's back!

hey folks, I'm back. I got home on friday round 12.30. totaaly busted and beaten. But fun we had! I'll try to link some pics and the soon to be up remembrance site, but that'll take a while cause the guys working on it aren't too common with html and whatnot. An I sure as hell ain't giving them a hand, I carried enough bags, massaged enough legs and listened to enough mindles girlchatter last week. They won;t take me down to!

Anyhoo back to the upside of the trip: We had a fucking good time! we saw some dope shit we trod (sp?) enough steps to last a lifetime (Rome's just one big stairway) and we decided (three guys and me) to climb the friggin St Peter's Dome. Standing in line this dumb US fuck asks me if this is the line to the Sixtijns chapel (Michealangelo's work)..... idiot. Anyhoo we climbed that bitch, took us twenty minutes too. And if you're obese DON'T DO IT! Trust me you'll get stuck! Thoug it took as so long to get down again we missed the pope's blessing. Boo, friggin hoo! BAck to the important stuff, second night one of the guys was so full of "magic water" he started to do some sleepwalking, he went into the hallway, drops his pants and walks through the emergency door. We all let fly a smile there. Next to that we met a really neat cardinal, they're not al like Ratsinger. In Florence we ran into the police cause we through a 1 eurocent from the top of the cathedral tower (yes we climbed that bitch too, same group same, insane urge). Luckily for us the guy that got caught wasn't 18 yet so they had to let him go with this message: "Grow up!"
On the last day we had the most hilarious moment. We went for dinner the last time and two of our number (we were with six this time) went and filled themselves up at the McDonalds (yes they got to Italy too). We then went to a pizzaria to get some sweet pizza. There was some talk about banana's on the way there and when the waitress came to our table one of the two Mc eaters ordered a banana with his beer. I haven't laughed like that in two years! the good part is still to come, cause when we got our check it seemed that one banana is a "fruitbowl" and costs €4.50!!!
Suffice to say good times were had by all!

Dutch:
Sorrie mensen geen zin om dat hele verhaal nog een keer te typen. En NEE ik ga niet langs babelfish, dat zuigt. schiet me maar aan als je me ziet of vraag me op msn wat er gebeurt is in Rome en Florence!

greetz,
Erwinius
PS: Italian beer drinks down nicely, too bad sambuca messes up your stomach!

_________________________________________________________

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger E-bean said...

Oh yes... Rome was brilliant...

I WANT TO GO BACK! show me some more 3 liter glasses.. !! ( seriously bad english, seriously don't give a F :P )

VACATION !! there's no way you can better start your vacation with a trip to Rome.. ( and a pleasant weekend after that (A) )

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

talking about that weekend, how's Elf?

oh yeah, bout that chem book: Don;t worry I'll get it back next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home