Life in Groningen

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Need motivational speech

Dammit, dammit, dammit!

I'm raising an alarm flag over here. I'm supposed to start a two and a half week study session to prepare for my last two tests this year, but for some reason I'm having trouble with a motivation sink.

I can't get myself to do shit! I even started to get up really early to get myself to work, but I'm immobile as a rock. I mean, 6am, WTF!? I know, I know. You ask me why. Well 'bout two months ago I started noticing what I've been doing wrong in my life after a couple of mornings of incidentally waking up and getting to work early. I'm a morning person! Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but When I wake up early I start doing all sorts of useful stuff (excluding today, by the judge of things).

Now, Erwin, you ask, you are so full of shit. You're the laziest sleep-in I've ever met. I know. But the reason I wasn't active all these past years was simply because I wasn't up. But all of this self exploration doesn't mean jack if I can't get myself motivated. So now I'm looking all over the place for goals en people to motivate me.

Hence I lay it to you my dear bloggers, give me something to look forward too so I can see meaning in the image of my head being buried in my books again.

I salute you!
Beens

edit: Yea this will mean there are going to be more updates, because I need to be able to do something while jugging my coffee.

_________________________________________________________

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Nashe^ said...

Well I guess you could always do the whole mantra thing. I hereby order you to chant at least 10 times a day:

"Pain is temporary, Glory is for-evah!!"

hope it helps, yo. :)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Arjan said...

yay more updates..I even saw some serious SAB (SOG) from you this morning getting comment feeds in my gmail.

But onto motivational: work hard now..more free time later! I know I'm not the best example (not a good example at all), but it works that way. Go study now! Then you can allow yourself to watch the game and drink a..well not a Bud..but a beer nonetheless!

Almost at the end of my study I look back to some opportunities that I missed. I see people do a 2nd master, a phd or being able to finish a 2nd BA+ Ma combination. There's plenty of time left to slack off.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Arjan said...

oh and keep this picture one far from your study place.

I also recommend Nashe's mantra!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home