Life in Groningen

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Oops, forgot about that "other" world....

For a little while I almost forgot that I liked to play pc-games.
But after Tim Buckley posted a link to the website of Project Offset, I wondered how far Supreme Commander was. Well... I think gaspowered games is sleeping. I haven't seen a trailer or whatever. Which is weird since they have more in-game screens then Project Offset, whilst PO is still very much under development, a lot of the game concepts are still under development. As for SC, the game should be about done as far as "concept" is concerned. Now all they have to do is clean it up, balance it out, beta it, pack it, put a ribbon on it (make friggin cutscenes) and ship the damn thing out before my grandma dies. SC is supposed to be out late '06..... yeah right.

As for Offset.... hmm, two sweet sneak peeks... looking...... FUCKING GOOD. If it comes out, I'm buying it, even if it costs more then I can muster at that moment!

Anyway, both games will be MAJOR contributors to the online community, I'm "prophecising" that Offset will draw more players then WoW. It's battles are a lot more epic and the costs are low (I'm guessing no monthly fees, as it isn't a mmorpg). As for SC.... it's like Total Annihilation (best damn RTS I ever played) but BIGGER... only 327847 times bigger then you are thinking about right now.
It's PLANETARY RTS BABY!

-Erwin aka Siege aka Kmarines (diggin' up mah nicks.... I feel multiplay coming up)

_________________________________________________________

6 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still looking for a new job,... as SWG and WoW were to easy cashmakers=P

-_-

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger E-bean said...

you'd better practice boy... we still got that SC game coming up.. (which game do you mean when you say SC ? because, it's starcraft boyo.. )

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF!! you forgot 'yourowndumbself'

hehe

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Erwin said...

@bean:I meant Supreme Commander, cause I was talking about the new games....

@Ab: I haven't used YODS for ages.... and it's corny.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger E-bean said...

I meant, the only game that deserves to be called SC is starcraft ^^

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it meant super chick,...

-_-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home